Favorite Children's Book

Favorite Children's Book
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by: Bill Martin, Jr.

This is my favorite children's book because it gives children a great appreciation for letters! It teaches children the letters of the alphabet in a fun manner, with rhyme and rhythm! I always read this book at the beginning of the school year and the kids always love it.

Check out this website for activities and lesson plans for this book!

http://www.makinglearningfun.com/themepages/chickachickaboomboomprintables.htm

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Exploring Roles in the ECE Community: Local and State Levels


            (1) Alamance Partnership for Children (Local)-I chose to mention this organization because it is a community of practice that is in my community.  They focus on helping families thrive, as it relates to children.

            (2) Smart Start Organization (Local)-I chose to mention this organization because it assists childcare facilities in providing funding as well as finding resources to make daycares better.

            (3) North Carolina’s Race to the Top (State)-I chose to mention this state organization because it was created to help schools show accountability, as it relates to early learning.

Job Opportunity at Smart Start of Alamance County was of interest to me.  The job title was Program Director and the qualifications were five years in EC management and a Masters Degree in the EC field of study.  I would need 7 years in the professional business area, of which I do not have.

1 comment:

  1. Felicia,
    You have chosen some very interesting organizations. The Smart Start Organization is one that is much needed and the childcare centers are very fortunate to have the assistance of this organization.

    ReplyDelete